How to Configure POP or IMAP on a BlackBerry OS BB10 Device
1. On the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen and tap "Settings".
2. Tap "Accounts" in the system settings.
3. Tap "Add Account" on the bottom.
4. Tap "Email, Calendar and Contacts".
5. Type the email address and tap "Advanced". On the BlackBerry Z10, it looks like a fading icon after going between the email address fields on the virtual keyboard.
6. In the Advanced Setup menu, tap either "POP" or "IMAP".
7. Complete the required account information and settings (depending upon your selection) and tap "Done".
These pictures have general settings which may not reflect what you'll be putting in. For the IMAP SMTP server, the correct address looks more like this;
IMAP Server: imap.exg6.exghost.com
IMAP Port (SSL): 993
SMTP Serve: smtp.exg6.exghost.com
SMTP Port: 587
SMTP Authentication: Requires authentication
SMTP Secure Connection: TLS (If TLS is not available, use SSL)
8. A notice may populate Provider Identity Not Available. Tap "Continue".
9. The device will save and verify your settings. This may take a moment or two.
10. Swipe from left to right to access the BlackBerry "Hub", the button at the top, then again to select the email account.
Outlook and other mail clients offer client side control of when to delete messages from the server (after so many days, when downloaded, when deleted on handheld or never). However, at this time there is no option available on BlackBerry 10 devices to modify POP client settings to delete from the server. The default behavior on BlackBerry 10 devices is to delete messages on the server when the messages are deleted from the device.