Windows 8: (a) If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search. If you're using a touch screen, swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. (b) TypeAdvanced Printer Setup in the search box, click or tap Settings, and then click or tap Advanced Printer Setup.
Windows 7: (a) Click Start. (b) Select Devices and Printers.
Windows Vista: (a) Click Start, then select Control Panel. (b) Click Classic View in the left panel and then double-click the Printers icon.
- Click Add Printer.
- Select Add a network, wireless, or Bluetooth printer, then click Next.
- Select The printer that I want isn't listed, then click Next.
- Select Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname, then click Next.
- In the Hostname or IP address box, enter the printer name followed by ".bc.edu", then click Next.
- Select the type of printer you are using, then click Next.
- On the "Type a printer name window," do the following:
a) In the Printer name box, enter a name for your printer so you can identify it.
b) If you want to make this printer your default printer, check Set as the default printer.
c) Click Next.
9. On the "You've successfully added" window, do the following:
a) Click Print a test page.
Note: If the test page did not print correctly, call your TC.
b) When you have successfully printed a test page, click Finish.