How to setup an Outlook exchange email on Android
Modified on: Tue, 16 Jun, 2015 at 11:49 AM
- Once ActiveSync services have been activated by an administrator, you may activate the Android device.
- Turn the Android ON.
- From the main screen, select the menu button on the device. Tap Settings.
- Tap Accounts & sync.
- Tap the Add Exchange/Corporate Account button at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter an e-mail address and password, and then tap the Next button to get to the advanced settings.
The advanced settings screen will vary depending on the device manufacturer. Some have the domain name in a separate field, while others have it as part of the user name, i.e., domain\userID. (Note: For some Samsung devices, use the user's e-mail address instead of the ActiveSync ID.)Depending on which you have, do the following:
Separate domain name: Enter the domain name as shown under the user’s ActiveSync settings (i.e., exg7.exghost.com).
Combined domain name & user name field: Enter the domain name using the short version of the name. For example, use exg6\username instead of exg6.exghost.com\username.
Enter their e-mail password, server name (i.e., gb1.exghost.com), and select the Use Secure Connection/SSL check box. Tap the Next button.
- For account options, the default settings are sufficient, but the customer may adjust the options to their preferred use. Only up to 1 month (30 days) of e-mail can be synchronized. Tap the Next button.
Name the account. Again, this is the customer's option. Tap the Done button.
- Setup is complete. This will also configure the synchronization of the calendar and contacts.
- Customer may go into the e-mail application, select the menu key, and then tap Account Settings to create a signature and configure notifications.
- Note that the native e-mail application will push to the inbox folder automatically. To get the latest data (refresh), you will need to open each subfolder. To get the latest data (refresh), you will need to open each subfolder.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.