Please follow these steps in order to be able to rotate images contained within email messages. This will work with Outlook 2010 to 2016.
- Double click to open the message
- Outlook 2010/2013: Enable Edit Message mode Do this using the Move group, Actions menu, Edit message command.
- Double click to open the attached image
- The image will open using the application assigned the image file type. This program needs to have the ability to rotate images and save changes.
- Rotate the image then save changes.
- Close the image editor
- Save and close the message
- Select the image and verify it is rotated. In some cases, you need to select a new message in the message list then reselect the message you just edited to see the changes.