Restricting access to an Excel document
1. Click on "File" and then go to "Save As".
2. Choose a location where the file will be saved such as "Desktop".
3. Choose a folder where the file will be saved Such as "Documents".
4. At the bottom right of the dialog box, there are three buttons "Tools, Save and Cancel", click on "Tools" and then "General Options".
5. Now decide which of the two passwords you want to add. The "Password to open" controls who can access the file. The "Password to modify" controls who may edit the file.