Microsoft Word offers many options for aligning objects (images, clip art, etc) in text, which allows you to fine-tune exactly how you want the resulting document to appear. These options are accessed in the following way:
- Select the pictures, shapes, text boxes, SmartArt graphic, or WordArt that you want to align.
To select multiple objects, click the first object, and then press and hold CTRL while you click others.
To align a picture, under Picture Tools, click the Format tab.
- To align a shape, or WordArt, under Drawing Tools (or under Text Box Tools if you are aligning a text box, click the Format tab.
- In the Arrange group, click Align, and then do one of the following:
- To align the edges of the objects to the left, click Align Left.
- To align the objects vertically through their centers, click Align Center.
- To align the edges of the objects to the right, click Align Right.
- To align the top edges of the objects, click Align Top.
- To align the objects horizontally through their middles, click Align Middle.
- To align the bottom edges of the objects, click Align Bottom.