Here are three different ways to install a font in Windows 7
Copy the new font from its folder to the Font Directory (located at C:\Windows\Fonts).
- Navigate to, and open, the Windows Font Directory.
- In another window, open your new font folder
- Drag the fonts from their folder into the Font Directory.
- If you want to install all the fonts in a folder, follow these steps:
- Type CTL-A to select all the fonts.
- Type CTL-C to copy all the selected fonts.
- Navigate to your Font Directory, and press CTL-V to paste all your fonts into that folder.
Open the font directly and install it.
- Open the folder containing the new font.
- Right-click on the font file you wish to install and select Open.
- In the resulting Font Preview screen, click on the Install button at the top left of the window.
Use a shortcut. You can also choose fonts located in another directory, or even another drive
- In the Windows Font Directory, click on “Fonts Settings.” This can also be accessed via the Control Panel.
- Check the option Allow fonts to be installed using a shortcut.
- Double-click on a font, and next to the install button there will now be a Use shortcut checkbox. Make sure it is checked for that font.
- Note that if you remove that drive or directory, the font will not be available for your applications.